So, here's the story....

The last year of WORK has been amazing. I feel so good about myself and about the company I work for, Chartwells. It is awesome. I love it. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! There are no creative boundaries. My Director lets me do what I need to do. I am learning how to be a better manager, and he really treats me like an equal. We have come a long way in the last year together.. both of us learning from one another and growing. He has finally come to see that I know what the hell I am doing, especially when it comes to food. 


This last week he brought in a professional to shoot my food, so we could put together a brochure for catering. 
Crab and Avocado Salad

 Arugula with Roasted Grapes and Chevre
 Stuffed Chicken with Sundried Tomato, Spinach and Chevre
 Tri-Tip with Red Wine Reduction and Chicken Marsala
 English Trifle
 Strawberry Shortcake
House Cured Sock-eye Salmon on Potato Blini 

These photos were taken by Diane Angel-Gomez 
 It was a lot of fun... and I am looking forward to working with her again.


Here is the salmon cure:

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
2 FAT TBSP dill 
1 tsp cayenne 
1 tsp coriander
1/2 cup brandy
juice of 2 lemon, lime, orange
1 lemon, sliced
cheesecloth
1 each 1.5lb Sock-eye Salmon Filet, skin on.

mix dry ingredients together and coat the salmon well on the meat side. set slices of lemon on top of rub and wrap with cheesecloth like a mummy and place skin side down in casserole dish, 9x13. Pour brandy and citrus juice over the entire filet. Wrap pan tightly in saran wrap and place under a weight, it can be cans, or bricks or what have you, just make sure weight is placed on the salmon... and place in cooler for 3 days. 

I am leaving for a week for work. Nervous and excited to go to class in Albuquerque. New experience for me... I went to classes while in Houston, but I drove across town to go. Now I get to get on a plane, stay in a hotel and get company meals. I feel so grown up!! This is one of those landmarks in my life for me... every time something new happens it makes me feel a little more successful and like I am finally where I am supposed to be. I feel  like I was behind all the time.. didn't know what I wanted to do until I was 30. But in 10 years, I think I have done pretty good. It's AMAZING what working a good job can do for you. 

HAPPY FREAKIN' NEW YEAR!!!! 
2012
Peace Love and Rock-n-Roll

Comments

Popular Posts