Merry Christmas... To me! and "Full On Bake Mode"


Lots of fantastic stuff has happened in the last week and half since I entered
 "FULL ON BAKE MODE."

I have been unemployed for a year and a half. It has been really hard, and what my biggest concern going into this month was Congress and the Senate not signing the Comprehensive Tax Plan... otherwise, I would have been dead in the water, with my unemployment benefits running out on the 13th. That was really stressful, but equally stressful was I had an interview and tasting with Compass Group- Chartwells, for CSU Stanislaus. I had worked for Compass Group-Eurest in Texas... so I had a really good chance. So, then President Obama signed the tax plan and I have been offered the position as Executive Chef for Chartwells, at CSU Stanislaus. 
So, yes, MERRY CHRISTMAS  for ME!!
Now THIS, is Christmas!

Full on Bake mode. These are Grandma's Biscotti. The one's I posted about before, are her recipe, but these are the ones that make the house smell for days! These are the ones that on Christmas morning get dipped into coffee. These taste of anisette, and give me all the goofy memories of being a little girl in a house of boys. These, to me, taste like Christmas. 


Altieri Biscotti

Oven @ 400

1 c sugar
1 c shortening, melted
1 c milk
3 eggs
2 TBSP heaping, baking soda
2 TBSP anise/fennel flavoring - I used FENNEL POLLEN
5 c all purpose flour

Mix the ingredients, adding the flour in batches. Knead together, and chill dough 10 minutes. Roll into long broomstick size ropes, and flatten, cut into walnut size pieces at an angle. Bake for 10 minutes. 
I used the following recipe to ice the cookies, which are always done in red, green and white.

2 1/2 c powdered sugar
2 TBSP water
1 TB butter, softened
1 TB light corn syrup
1/2 vanilla or almond extract
food coloring.


The pizzelle iron full tilt!
Not a recipe I can share, it was from my Aunt Pat. 
You can see her blog here:


I am so excited about the new year. I will continue to blog since I will be utilizing Fennel Pollen at work and developing new and exciting ways to use it. 

Comments

Popular Posts